12.21.2009

Explosions in the Sky ♫ Your Hand in Mine

Brother, I stand beneath any sky for you.
No, it was not a dream.
No, it is not just a dream.

Sister, I stand beneath any sky for you.
No, it was not a dream.
No, it is not just a dream.

Sometimes, the wheels don't turn,
&my mind is perpetually stuck on strength.

Then, I miss you.
When, every time I inhale.
Then, I love you.
When, every time I exhale.

You, the only home I have ever known.
Love, the only home I now know.
(Home, always found in people rather than places.)

I stand beneath every sky for you,
my brother, my sister, my home.
I stand on golden sands,
life in our hands.

It is a wonder how
only we seem to
notice.
Only we witness.
The sky & the ocean
run together.

6 comments:

  1. do you write all of your own poetry? i love poetry, i think yours is beautiful :)

    & hehehe i stole the quote from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i do and thank you for appreciating it :)

    who's your favorite writer or poet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would stand with you as the sky and the ocean run together, on your golden sands.

    i'm so glad you're writing again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learnt how to play that song a few days ago.

    The melody is hypnotic and beautiful, not in sound, but in shape, in motion.

    This goes well with it, visually. This song always makes me think of the ocean...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know really, I can't choose a favorite author. Poet? I love Rumi. I haven't really been introduced to many others. I've read a few works of Khalil Gibran and those was really great, too.

    ReplyDelete